Stephen Paddock has been identified as the shooter who opened fire on concertgoers in Las Vegas, causing this massacre to be the deadliest in American history.
Police said Paddock had at least 23 guns in his hotel suite that he owned legally and began shooting from two windows on the 32nd floor of the Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino just after 10 p.m. into a crowd of 22,000 people.
Here’s everything we know about him according to Business Insider,
- In Nevada, where Paddock lived anyone who is 18 years old can own a firearm.
- He is a white 64-year-old retired accountant.
- His father was a notorious bank robber on the FBI’s most wanted list as “Patrick Paddock”
- He executed the shooting from the 32nd floor of the Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino, where he had been staying since last Thursday.
- He lived within driving distance of the Las Vegas strip in an upscale retirement community.
- Nevada does not license gun owners, require guns to be registered, limit the number of guns a person can purchase in one sale, or impose a waiting period on gun purchases.
- Paddock had no criminal record beyond a routine citation several years ago that was handled in court.
- Paddock has no religious affiliation nor political.
- ISIS claimed responsibility for the shooting but provided no proof.
The exact reason for the attack is yet to be determined.